11/02/2011

alpha-2.9: release

To Be Simple alpha-2.9 has been released!
First, I would like to point out some things that will be improved/added in alpha-3(next release):
  • I will be completely changing the way system subroutines are called, allowing me to add more and more system subroutines. This will also increase the languages speed a lot. These subroutines will replace the current STDL, which will still exist but with other, more advanced features. All the subroutine names will remain the same, because of backward compatibility.
  • There are too possibilities, or I will drop windows and I will add multi threading and sockets, or I will leave TBS as it is now and compile a windows binary(this will be voted).
  • I will attempt to improve performance a lot.
Now, for alpha-2.9, you can either use the debian package and install it or, alternatively, if your distribution doesn't support that or that doesn't work(or you just want to do it "the hard way"), you can download the raw files and put them in /usr/bin/. Quick tutorial:

  1. Go to /usr/bin/ as root(sudo nautilus for ubuntu).
  2. Move the files tbs-STDL and tbs there.
Then I have another package ready, which contains some examples.

Too see what everything contains and were everything is, see my previous post.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I have been looking forward to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome (I suggest everyone to donate)

    ReplyDelete